On parenthood

If you know me then you know how comic i could be. I can make fun of almost anything, even of the things about Sam - you know, about me not being his real father and all (i mean, look at the looks!) and it's funny. When he got pneumonia last time, no matter how worried i really got, when i see Sam i feel good and optimistic, and i can still make funny jokes. Partly because he's such a really cute baby (sorry fo being too proud, but for those who haven't seen him, you're missing something. :p ), but mostly because i sort of made a pact with myself to be always like child-like. Be funny. be funny, and be funny. And it has really helped me in a big, albeit subtle way.

Then it happens. I don't know what gave. Maybe it's the forever increasing total amount of time that i've been a father, maybe it's the tiring sight of our son in the hospital bed. I don't know. It just happened. This morning when Sam got into my mind i felt pain. and sadness. Suddenly i can't be funny anymore, even if i try to. Suddenly the "sana ako na lang" phrase speaks for the deepest sentiments of my heart. Suddenly i ask why he's there and not at home, playing, sleeping sound and enjoying a helluva time of his babyhood. Suddenly i felt like crying cried.

I pray that Sam gets well, soon. I pray that he suffers no more. I pray that I would soon see him playing happily with his "funny" papa, and I pray that through all these times God carries him and heals him. And this time I pray for everyone, specially for you guys who have prayed, and have been praying for us. I feel really touched and blessed for the support, i want to give back the favor. Whatever it is that's holding you down at this moment, whatever fears, whatever doubts, whatever pain that you're feeling, I pray that God holds you and give you strength and see you through it. He would.

11 comments:

  1. mark,

    as i was reading ur blog, i almost cry with you... i feel the pain u have in ur heart. i understand what ur going through, i'm a parent too... its good thing that u have ur BIG faith, its one thing that matters in times like this. Sam is an angel... he'll get through it... God will soon do His 'magic'! :)

    God bless you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ='( ako din naluha. It's okay Mark, you'll get through it. He'll make sure of that so that baby Sam could play with his funny Papa soon. =)

    "Whatever it is that's holding you down at this moment, whatever fears, whatever doubts, whatever pain that you're feeling, I pray that God holds you and give you strength and see you through it." - Thanks Mark. You too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need you to go home. I need your shoulder to cry on. The tears just won't come but I'm crying. I don't want to look or try to be ok anymore. I wan't to break down and cry. How much do we have to go through to break me down? The truth is I'm all broken up inside already. I'm sorry Sam. I'm sorry Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to call. I can't get through. I just got home and read your blog. I know it's tough. I'm sorry I can't be with you guys as much as I would like to. So I'm sending my prayers for Sam and for his parents every chance I get. Stay strong with mommy Han. And thanks for being the funny guy with a big heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kaya nyo yan mark, han and sam.
    464 TRILLION EXTRA-STRENGTH PRAYERS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you, han and sam will get trough this. just hang in there. :)

    thanks for the prayers. :j

    ReplyDelete
  7. a dislocated left arm will not stop me from writing this!

    hang in there! :) a baby cool enough to give his dad the finger is a tough baby :)

    still, i'm praying for baby sam just the same

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ei mark & han, it may seem a never ending battle for all of us. but just take a look at silas, he's the living proof that God's love never fails. i haven't been with you guys for a wile because you know how queazy i get whenever i see sam with needles & tubes. but i'm always including him in my prayers. i pray for your strength as well because i know that this can wear you out. just hang in there because sam would be much better soon with God's grace. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're here reading everyone's words of support. Thank you guys. We're stronger because of you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!