Google Reader

Yep, I use an RSS aggregator, bloglines, but I have been waiting for a major upgrade to the service, because its abuse of the submit button makes the UI feel so web 1.0-ish. Blame it on Gmail and Flickr (and a lot of other AJAX apps), for upping the ante in web UI. Then later on a newer service promised to deliver what blogines lack, but it was an invite-only beta service and its name got buried in my 891-mb gmail archive.

Now my wait is freakin over. And as usual (this trend is getting boring you know), Google saves the day.



Google Reader.
All your subscriptions are belong to you*.

It's a beta service, and requires a google account. But it's from Google, so it must be good, right? hehe. Now, unlike most things google that are in beta state, so far the service feels a little clunky. Your mileage may vary though, since i have not fully tested the service. But so far, it's Goodbye bloglines for me. awww. I'll miss the bloglines plumber.

*not the real slogan. :P

2 comments:

  1. I use Bloglines and Rojo. But the plumber has been showing up a lot lately so I mainly use Rojo now. It's ok... So so. I have yet to try out the Google Reader :)

    Hehehe. Am blogging everywhere so ang hirap i-keep track kung saan ako magpo-post no?

    Yeah, the new Ubuntu wallpaper is so darn sexy kaya di ko pinapalitan. :D

    By the way, have you seen Firefly? At long last napanood ko na yung copy na meron ako. It's so kewl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know clair, i miss bloglines now, and right now i'm having doubts about the Google reader. it's freakin' slow, and I so miss bloglines' straight-forward approach in displaying subscriptions and contents.

    frames 1. ajax 0. :p

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!