Dear Google Talk...

The program manager for the MSN Messenger team wrote this very amusing "letter to Google Talk..."
I particularly liked this part:
Maybe you will build up a robust feature set and I will improve my usability. Maybe your straightforward interface will bring new people into the IM market who have been intimidated out of it by the more complex clients.
Which is really a good thing to hear. Knowing that they understand very well the importance of simplicity and usability. She didn't rant about the "lack" of features of the Google talk, but rather put it in a very constructive way (and thus didn't hurt my fanboy heart, heh).

(opened up MSN Messenger, which after a few seconds turned my RANT knob to 11)

For the sake of future MSN Messenger users, I seriously hope that they do something about MSNMessenger's usability. For instance content tabs, akin to what YM has at the bottom part of their software - where you usually access launchcast. MSN messenger has HUGE tabs, now this is not really bad, (Fitt's law no. 1) but if you use only ONE of those tabs, I hope you have the option to remove the rest. Yan, tuloy bad trip na ulit ako sa MSN messenger, naalala ko kasi kun gano kawalang kwenta yung part na yun...oh well, so much for a fair and unbiased post about Instant Messengers....(sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!