Lists, Lists and even more Lists!

Warning: anal-retentive post below. :p






I am a GTD follower, or rather a GTD non-practicing believer. :p

One of the best things that GTD has taught me though is the power of lists. A flat collection of all the actions that you need to do to accomplish something. In the real, paper and pen world, I always keep my stack of index cards handy for jotting down quick lists, and for the software bits, i use sticky notes to keep track of short-term action lists. I still suck at keeping things in control though: my GTD collection proces is really a mess, but I still manage to make a little out of it. This is one of the the good things about the GTD sys tem: you can still benefit from it even if don't implement the whole thing. That actually ruins the whole idea, but oh well. :p (I'm really trying to start with my GTD system again)

That being said, and moving on with the topic of lists, i have also tried setting up online task lists. Web-bases lists has the advantge of being available anywhere you have internet access and some tools actually integrate well with my existing online workflow tools such as email and IM.

I have tried backpack, ta-da list, both 37 signals products, Google IG's to-do list widget and a some other web apps that I can no longer remember.

Tonight I started experimenting with Remember the Milk, a weirdly-named but actually clever and interesting web app. I'm still yet to master all of its features and bells-and-whistles, but the app actually seems really promising.

Need an online list? Explore the apps i mentioned above. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been using RTM for a coupla months now. Thanks to it, I don't forget if a particular day is garbage-collection day (Tuesdays and Thursdays). We actually only take out the trash like once a month, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. you keep forgetting about that? I suggest you put that garbage collection note in Google Calendar, enable SMS alerts, then you're on to a happy, no-missed-garbage life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!