The BlackJack

If there's a smart phone that I'd love to have before i get an iPhone, it would be the Samsung 1600, also known as the BlackJack. This phone is not perfect (for one, it doesn't have wifi), but there's something about its design that makes it really attractive to me. I am all for candybar and medium-sized phones, and Samsung seems to have hit the sweet spot with this baby. It runs Windows Mobile 5 (i'm hoping that by the time i can afford it, a version running Windows Mobile 6 is already in the market). After a trip to my favorite bad-english (but great and comprehensive) mobile review site mobile-review.com and reading their review of the BlackJack (still in bad english), i fell even more in love with this phone.

The thing is that I like it not as a smart phone (though it really is) but because to me it feels like it's an excellent feature phone. I couldn't find a better image so please bear with the one below. And btw, a working unit is on display in Glorietta right now as part of the BPI Madness sale (their booth is near Mercury Drug) and you can play with it. I will.

The Samsung I600 (BlackJack)

Knowing that Samsung and Microsoft are not really my favorite brand names :p, picking this phone as my favorite is saying a lot.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny beh kasi I "reviewed" this phone for the blackjack blog i'm maintaining. Bimbo ang review ko na yun kasi wala na akong maisip na topic so I said I didn't like it kasi yung name lang ang blackjack..dapat may really good blackjack game din. Sabi ko I'd rather wait for the iPhone. ^_^ Tsanan! Syempre di ako link dun sa blog ..hindi ako nag mamaintain nun ha!!! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!