The Sidebar

My sidebar has evolved from your default out-of-the-box blogspot sidebar to what it is now. Most of the time i spent fiddling it was to make it reflect more of my online existence. Also, a considerable chunk of of the effort was to make it as useful as I could possibly make it. It's in a form far from what i really want it to be, but it's a work in progress (albeit slow).

Partly inspired by Nikki's explanation of his blog redesign (also a slow work in progress, heh), Here's a quick list of what you can find on my sidebar, since it's length might have discouraged you (and the fact that our generations' attention span is really getting shorter each day) from fully utilizing its usefulness .

  • Profile - The default blogspot profile block. Used to have a link to my technorati profile, but after doubting its usefulness, decided to remove it (might put it back later on though).
  • Calendar - powered by 30boxes, a list of public calendar events that i remember to put on my online calendar.
  • Previous posts - needs no explanation
  • Recently, elsewhere - New! this is my dynamic link roll, the 5 most recent posts from my contemporary bloggers listed below. And yeah, powered by Google Reader.
  • Contemporary bloggers - my list (a bit outdated) of fellow bloggers.
  • Archives - dropdown list format, to conserve space.
  • Photos - powered by Flickr . Most recent uploads to my flickr account.
  • Bookmarks - powered by del.icio.us. List of sites that I find interesting. Arranged in chronological order as i bookmarked them
  • Buttons
    • Get Firefox with Google toolbar - I love Google, I love Firefox, and I love the idea that I might be able to make a litle money from promoting it. :)
    • Add to Google - if you're using the Google reader or the Personalized Google Homepage, this button lets you add my blog to them.
    • Add to My Yahoo - adds my Blog to your My Yahoo content aggregator
    • Hopefully i can improve this particular part of my sidebar, until then, if you don't know my rss feed, just add /atom.xml to my blog url (this btw, works for all blogspot blogs with their feeds turned on)
  • I power blogger. Licking the hand that feeds. hehe.

2 comments:

  1. bumped the number of recent posts to 10, para mas masaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I power blogger. Licking the hand that (RSS/Atom) feeds. hehe."

    Wahehehe.. =p

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!