Yahoo acquires del.icio.us

FAKINA!

That's it, i'm officially giving Yahoo the Social web champion trophy. They're such a friggin' slick company buyers that I think they're going to rule the social web revolution should it take off really well (beyond the gates of geekdom).

They just bought del.icio.us! Honestly, my google-fan heart is really broken coz this would be the second kick-ass web 2.0 app that I really wanted for Google to buy. Flickr, of course being the first one. I don't care if social search (yahoo's bet) will rule over insanely-smart, purely algorithm-based search (google's) or not. I love del.icio.us (and flickr) and now my geek dream of seeing them integrated with Google's services just crumbled before my eyes.

And please, o please, no "you're such a geek" comments. Tell me something i don't know. And if my ranting over "some crappy website with a very hard-to-type URL being bought by Yahoo" gives you the impression that I need to seek help, then "Hello there! Welcome to my world. " :P Now if you'll excuse me while i lick my wounds...

Looking at the bigger picture, i don't see del.icio.us fitting in the Google grand scheme of things anyway....(cough! bitter cough!).

2 comments:

  1. omg! you're such a geek!! =Þ

    honestly i think it's something to be proud of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that's so sweet alekos. haha.

    peace pare. :) I'd be lying if i say that i'm not proud of it, you geek. and yes, i know that you are too. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!