Gnome 2.20 Released


Improvements are nowhere near revolutionary, but I like how Gnome consistently improves the desktop experience and simplicity. Two particular "minor" improvements caught my attention:
  1. Tomboy notes synchronization - I swear by this cool app to manage all the "stuff" and information that needs to be handy when I'm in the computer, and making it available across all the computers I use through synchronization is a big PLUS. I am definitely looking forward to this in Gutsy...
  2. This is a personal pet peeve. Gnome's window list (or the task bar in the Windows world) has this annoying "bug" that resizes the width of its buttons (corresponding to open applications) when the length of the window title resizes. It's much easier to see, so I'll try to post a screencast of this later, but the most important thing is that IT'S FIXED NOW! Sa wakas...
For a complete low-down on what's coming, go to their (tasty) release notes: But then again, if you're a gnome fan then you've probably read that already, and if you're not, you probably don't kare at all. :p peace.

A live cd to try the new features out is coming! I heard someone's got a good Internet connection at their office ... nuninuninu

3 comments:

  1. Or maybe you can ask your pretty wife to download it for you...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. of course! i was just messing up with niks. :) pa-check na lang beh from time to time yung link, right now wala pa ung live cd for 2.20 eh. thanks, pretty wife. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!