Ah....

When i get back to LB maybe i should use an external tool (notepad + CTRL V) to do my blog posts... The time it takes to transfer you from the Blogger dashboard to the "create post" page can sometimes drag like hell.. Not nice.. not nice at all.

I'm in bigly right now. Actually I've been here for 4 days now. An early Christmas vacation (from the thesis that I'm supposed to be doing) was not really something that I planned though it did cross my mind before I went home. Good thing I was able to jenoa in advance...

-----

Microsoft (MSN) has released the beta version of the MSN Toolbar suite (in Google terms, think Toolbar+Deskbar+Desktop Search). A part of me is tempted to echo a slashdot poster's sentiments: Google should have patented some their stuff. I'm too lazy to put up full review of the tool so I will just link you to it :p The implementation is much more fancier (i like it better) than Google's Desktop Search, though it also means that you're required to use IE (not that it's that baaaaaaaaad). For example, the full search results are presented in a manner similar to Windows Explorer's detailed view, with the option to sort results based on different criteria (columns). The deskbar (search bar in your Windows task bar) integration is also something worth noting, featuring a live search (find as you type, a la Spotlight) and Grouped results (eg Applications, Documents, Pictures, etc.). I can't help though to pick on item no.9 of a review guide made by a Microsoft Geek blogger/Evengelist, which reads:

9) Does your engine integrate into the apps you use most often? For instance, if you use Outlook all day long, like I do, does your search engine force you to leave Outlook and go someplace else to do searches?

I'm sure the reason why he included this is because their "toolbar suite" includes a toolbar for your outlook, which is really nice, until you start searching using the Outlook msn toolbar and it fires up an IE window for the search result.... (Oh, we don't force you to leave Outlook and go somewhere else to do your searches, but we do force you to leave outlook and go somewhere else to see your search results, which are two different things you know...) tf!.


3 comments:

  1. What do you mean, "Good thing I was able to jenoa in advance..." :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi emelgeek!

    I added a link to your indio-geek in my web page :)

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure. pwede na din ba kita link?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!