GmailFS

And you thought that making your Gmail your online storage makes you cool. Meet GmailFS.

GmailFS provides a mountable Linux filesystem which uses your Gmail account as its storage medium.

For a non-techie overview, GmailFS allows you to use your Gmail account as a linux storage (hmm, i wonder how many non-techie people uses linux...). To put it loosely, by using GmailFS, your Gmail account becomes your 1 Gig Drive, completely accessible using your Linux Desktop. You can read more details about the filesystem and a screenshot of it at work on the developer's site. Caption from the site:
The obligatory screenshot shows me reading my Gmail via a Firefox launched from an executable stored on the same Gmail account I'm checking my email on. Très nerdy.

What's next, Linux installation on your gmail account?

1 comment:

  1. non-techie linux user I am.

    the learning curve it requires makes the struggle more difficult, yet my willingness to learn and go against microsoft is helping.


    www.livejournal.com/~go_burn

    ReplyDelete

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!