OLPC XO Sugar UI Tour

I've been very curious about the User interface of OLPC's XO Laptop. Codenamed Sugar, the XO OS is a Fedora derivative (Version 2 of the XO Os is based on Fedora 7)  with a very radical user interface designed for young minds (and a limited screen).

Tonight I was able to test drive it. I wish I could say that I got hold of an OLPC XO (what they actually call the laptop) but nope. Instead, I found out that there are qemu images (qemu is an open source virtualization engine like VMware) for the XO Sugar builds.

What you need is the OS image is a hefty 228MB download, (thanks God for the fast internet), qemu and this excellent XO qemu Emulation quick start page.

There are also images for other virtualization engines, if you're more comfortable using them instead... More details here.

Enough words... on to the screenshots:

 

for full-size images, you can go directly to my picasaweb album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there ! No CAPTCHA here. Hope that makes things easier for you guys.

For Anonymous commenters, if we know each other, pls ping me through other private channels (Text or Email) after you comment here, ayt?

Hokay? Comment away, kiddo!